Karl Straub Yoga stores a limited amount of personal data about our customers. This data is collected via our online class and event registration form, or in-person by the teachers or administrative staff at Karl Straub Yoga. We store your personal data for the purpose of communicating with you about your class bookings, account management, payments, and to comply with our Insurance Policy guidelines. If you opt to disclose medical health details and emergency contact(s) this information will be used only for the purposes of advising our team, and to share with medical professionals in case of an emergency.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance
This is how we are protecting your data and your rights:
- Consent and the storing of data by Karl Straub Yoga teachers: By giving your permission on the class/workshop registration form you agree to that data being held by your teacher at ‘Karl Straub Yoga’ online or on paper. This is only for the purpose of processing your booking and communicating with your regarding details of the classes, events, courses, or workshops for which you have registered, Emergency Contact information is collected solely for use in an emergency, and only in that case your teacher may contact your designated emergency contact, or your teacher may share this as needed with emergency services. This is the only information that would be shared with a third party, and only in the context of an emergency.
- Consent and the storing and processing of data by ‘Karl Straub Yoga’ for our mailing list: By opting to subscribe to ‘Karl Straub Yoga’ newsletter and events mailing list, you consent to ‘Karl Straub Yoga’ sending you information including newsletters and events calendar by email and you consent to ‘‘Karl Straub Yoga’’ holding your name and email address electronically on our mailing list with Constant Contact or MailChimp or similar newsletter management services. You may unsubscribe from the ‘Karl Straub Yoga’ mailing list at any time by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any newsletter email.
- Right to be forgotten: If you do not want to continue to attend classes or courses at ‘‘Karl Straub Yoga’ you may email us, and we will permanently delete all data we hold about you as soon as insurance policy allows us to do so.
- Right to object: We do not use your data for any other reason than to inform you about your registered classes, events, workshops, or to send you our newsletter.. If you want to opt out of being sent our newsletter or event information you may unsubscribe using a link at the bottom of the newsletter.
- Right to rectification: You may access, update, correct, amend the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us by email.
- Right of portability: If requested by you, we will export your stored data to you, or for example, to a third party of your choice.
- Links to Other Web Sites: Karl Straub Yoga is not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from Karl Straub Yoga, nor the information or content contained in them. Please remember that when you use a link to go from Karl Straub Yoga to another website, our Privacy Notice is no longer in effect. Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including those that have a link on our website, is subject to that website’s own rules and policies.